About the Barents EU Centre
The EU Information Centres have been established since 1998 within the framework of the world EU Centres network. In 2010 as a result of the “Support to the Establishment of EU Centres in the Russian Federation” competition 3 EU Centres were established in Russia - in Saint-Petersburg, Tomsk and Kaliningrad. The EU Centre in the Barents region was established as a result of the second round of the competition.
The EU Centre in Barents Region was found on the basis of the EU Information Centre of Petrozavodsk State University in December 2011. The Centre unites 5 leading universities of Barents Region, namely Petrozavodsk State University, Murmansk State Technical University, International Institute of
Business Education, Syktyvkar State University, as well as North (Arctic) Federal University.
Overall Objective: To improve overall awareness and knowledge among lecturers, students, officials, CSIs and general public in the Barents area of Russia on EU related issues (structure, policies, economy, law, the European integration, the EU-Russia relations, etc.).
- Upgrading of skills and knowledge of lecturers of the institutions of higher education of the Barents area of Russia;
- Improvement of the existing courses on the EU issues and development of new courses on the EU issues;
- Improvement of knowledge of students and scholars on EU related matters;
- Promotion of better knowledge of the EU and cooperation between the EU and Russian regional officials and civil society institutions (CSI);
- Provision of information and consulting services and events on the EU issues.
- Gathering, exchange and spreading of the information on the EU;
- Implementation of conferences and seminars;
- Support of the research and educational cooperation on the study of the EU;
- Creation of educational programmes, study courses on the EU history, EU member-states;
- Training of lecturers and staff members of organizations that cooperate with the EU;
- Preparation of publications;
- Assistance in the implementation of students’ and lecturers’ exchange;
- Provision of consulting services on the opportunities of academic mobility and project activity.
- Undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate students of the Barents area;
- Lecturers of the Barents area;
- Officials of regional and municipal administrations and CSIs of the Barents area dealing with the EU cooperation;
- General public of the Barents area interested in information on the EU, the EU studies, research, education and project activity.
Office № 406, Anokhin str., 20
185000 Petrozavodsk, Republic of Karelia, Russia
Tel./Fax: +7 814-2 71-96-14